Monday, April 12, 2010

TV

"What are you watching?" he asked when he came in, asked it as if I were Eve or Zoe, as if it couldn't have been more natural to see me there or address me like that.  But Eve was in the kitchen cooking dinner and Zoe was with her; it was just me.  I looked at him and then back at the TV, which was reviewing the day's major eevent: flooding due to heavy rainstorms on the East Coast (Stein 33).

Can you imagine?  He actually was asking his dog about what he was viewing.  And then he saw it was the weather report and he switch the TV station to Speed Channel and then asked his dog if that channel was better.  Can you just imagine that one?  It gets better....he said he would leave it on all day long for that 4-ped critter.  Now, folks, it just doesn't get any better than that for that there dog.  So where did I go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment